Search This Blog

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sun & Moon Jars

my latest purchases - Sun and Moon Jars.

the catchy tagline on SUCK UK reads:
Jam jars store jam,
the Sun jar collects and stores sunshine so that you can use it at night


Original design by Tobias Wong
Glass jar, solar cell, battery and LED lights.
100X100X160mm



Some specifications of interest to you:
• A low voltage bulb that glows orange, powered by the sun and the solar charging panel.
• An auto light-sensitive on/off switch that activates the Jar when it gets dark.
• "Sunlight" can be turned off manually.
• Two choices of light colours.
• Sunshine not included in package. Check with local weather station for availability of sunshine.
• Waterproof (when lid closed).
• Size: 16 x 10 x 10cm.
• Suitable for ages 5 years+.
• 7 days warranty.

Sun Jar is great for:
• BBQs and camping trips
• Innovative present to surprise your friend
• Light source during blackouts
• Cool gadget to play with


I don't know what you think, but I think they're awesome!
I simply can't wait to lay my hands on my jars later.

Not too sure if it's reliable enough to be a light source during blackouts like they say, but I think it's a great alternative for one of those pricey electricity-powered mood lamps on the market. I saw another product that goes by the name of Rainbow Projector, but pity it is out of stock.

Anyway, I found this on another webbie afterwards.
It shows the ways to decorate the jars as gifts
But nope, I'm definitely not giving mine away!!! RAWR.

No comments:

Post a Comment